Thursday, January 6, 2011

Battambang or Bust

Tomorrow morning, Dorothy and Gordon, volunteers from Canada are headed to Battambang by boat.  Kuro and I are also going, but we decided on the taxi option.  The boat ride is supposed to be anywhere between 5 and 8 hours depending on if the boat gets stranded - the risk increases as we get further into the dry season - and costs $20.  The taxi ride takes 3 hours and costs $35 ($17.50 for each of us).  Dorothy and Gordon rave about the scenery from the boat ride (they have taken it before), but Kuro and I chatted today and we decided that we wanted to get there as fast as possible so we could just chill out there.  Plus, the boat ride starts at 6 AM, which is a deal breaker after the week I've had.  So tomorrow, it's off to Battambang.  I'm bringing my computer but I don't know if we'll have internet or not.  If not, I won't be able to write until I get back on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hahn
    Will probably have some spare room in my bag
    Is there any medical supplies that you would like brought over
    I’ll ask at the local Hospital and Chemists if they have supplies they are willing to donate
    Will probably be just past their use by date though.
    Will it be OK getting it through customs?
    Keep up the Blogs. Very interesting
    peter duff- NZ
    pcduff@kol.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hahn,

    I really enjoy reading about your adventures.

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, if you can find any cheap water testing kits, that'd be great. And if they specifically test for arsenic, even better. If you would have to be buying them, let me know what the cost is. You won't have any problems getting supplies through customs. Customs consists of you handing a card to them that states you have nothing to declare and them waving you through. Thanks for reading!

    Marsha! You totally want to travel to SE Asia now, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete