Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sea-Tac Delay...

Uh oh.  Well, this isn't the best start to my trip.  I'm sitting in the Seattle airport waiting for my flight to Seoul and then to Siem Reap.  A little while ago, they announced a delay in the flight due to other late incoming flights carrying transfer passengers.  The delay is 40 minutes.  My layover in Seoul is 30 minutes.  That math doesn't work in my favor and I'm getting a not so good feeling.  I walk up to the gate counter and say to the agent that I might have a problem with my transfer in Seoul.  She asks, "Oh, are you Mr. Hahn Huang?  We've been waiting for you."  Yeah, definitely not a good feeling.  She goes on to explain that even though there's a 40 minute delay, we will actually arrive 45 minutes before my next flight and they have arranged to have my luggage put on last so they can get it out first for my transfer.  Furthermore, they will have an agent waiting at the arrival gate to rush me onto my Seoul-Siem Reap flight.  Okay, wow.  I have flown a lot and never encountered this level of organization or individual attention.  This is Korean Air by the way.  If I actually make it Siem Reap without problems, I will sing their praises for a very very long time.  I may never fly to Asia on any other airline again.  Especially if their food is as good as I've read about.  Keeping my fingers crossed (for the food).

No comments:

Post a Comment